Chocolate is the ultimate comfort food, a great friend in times of stress, a reliable source of consolation when life treats us bad, and a mood enhancer as well as romance inducer in more positive circumstances. You must also note that chocolate is good for the heart and circulation, reduces risk of stroke, it is mineral rich, reduces cholesterol, good for the skin, good for mothers and babies and it may also prevent diabetes. Flavanols found in chocolate are thought to reduce memory loss in elderly, and the anti inflamatory qualities of dark chocolate have been found beneficial in treating brain injuries, for example, concussions.
- 200 g softened butter
- 300 g soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 300 g self raising flour
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 300 g choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in vanilla extract and eggs
- In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together
- Add flour mix to the creamed mix in stages( a third at a time) mix well. fold in choc chips until just combined.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to a baking tray and just let it drop off the spoon, repeat until you have used up all the cookie mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes, when you remove the cookies from the oven they will still be soft, leave to cool completely on the baking tray, where they will continue to cook slightly,when completely cold move to a cooling rack.
- You can now enjoy your delicious cake !