Vegetables are very important sources of several nutrients, such as potassium, dietary fiber, folic acid, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Diets which are rich in potassium help us to maintain healthy blood pressure. They also have uncountable health benefits and their rich nutrive value shield the body from numerous diseases as well as infections.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Peppers, diced (1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow)
- ½ red onion, diced
- jalapeños (optional if you don’t want the soup to be spicy)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 zucchini, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Lime juice
- Tortilla strips
- Sour Cream
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add in diced bell peppers, red onion, jalapeno and a touch of salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in minced garlic and spices (ground cumin, oregano, cayenne).
- Stir and cook for 60 seconds.
- Add in diced tomatoes and vegetable broth.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in beans, corn, and diced zucchini.
- Cover again and simmer for another 15 more minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Serve immediately with the toppings of your choice !