Parsley is an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A, folate and iron. Its volatile oil components include myristicin, limonene, eugenol and alpha-thujene. Parsley’s flavonoids include apiin, apigenin, crisoeriol and luteolin. This herb’s benefits proved to have control over cancer, is effective on rheumatoid arthritis, helps against osteoporosis and to build stronger immunity.
- 1 1⁄2cups long grain rice
- 3cups water
- 4tablespoons butter
- 1tablespoon dried parsley
- Rinse Rice to remove excess starch.
- Bring Rice and water to a rapid boil in a 8 cups saucepan.
- Cover Rice and reduce heat to low.
- Cook on Low 20 minutes.
- Cut Butter into 4 pieces.
- Once Rice had doubled in volume, add the Butter and replace lid.
- When Butter has melted, sprinkle Parsley even over ther the Rice.
- Stir to fully mix Rice, Butter and Parsley.
- Serve with any saucy dish.