Whey protein is considered as a complete protein and contains all the 9 essential amino acids and is low in lactose content.
- 1 L cow milk
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 400 g sugar
- 1/2 L whey water
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- rose water for flavouring
- Bring your fresh milk to the boil
- Then, sprinkle over lemon juice and remove from heat as soon as the milk curdles
- Tie the remaining white mass in a cloth to squeeze out remaining liquid
- Put the white mass in a bowl with the flour, hang to dry until a smooth mixture is obtained
- Now you can shape the mixture into small balls
- Bring sugar and water to boil to make the syrup, flavour with powdered cardamoms, boil until mixture thickens
- Put in the milk balls, reduce the heat and allow simmering until rasgullas become soft and absorb some of the syrup
- Cool and flavour with rose water.