Roquefort helps people to fight against cardiovascular disease even if it is high in fat and salt according to a research. The Scientists discovered that French cheeses, known for its mould and green veins, has specific anti inflammatory properties.
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, softened
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 scallion, minced
- Approx 9″ tart shell, partially baked
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 375° F
- Place the cheese, bacon, and scallion on the tart shell
- Combine the eggs and cream and pour on top
- Dot with the butter
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until golden and puffed.