Salmon provides essential amounts of the antioxidant amino acid taurine. Salmon is a very good source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. It is an interesting source of niacin, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus and vitamin B6. It is a good source of choline, pantothenic acid, biotin and potassium as well.
- 250g smoked salmon, very thinly sliced
- 1 big lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 30 g capers, finely chopped
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Lightly blend all the ingredients listed for the dressing and season with salt and pepper
- Put a small portion of the mixed salad leaves in the centre of the plate.
- Arrange the slices of cucumber followed by sliced salmon like you wish on top of the bed of lettuce.
- Finish by spooning the dressing and the vinegar all over.