Sesame oil may help heart health by preventing atherosclerotic lesions with the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound known as sesamol. The seeds contain anti-cancer compounds such as phytic acid, magnesium, and phytosterols.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips
- Use a saucepan to combine the chicken broth, water, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and hot pepper flakes.
- Then, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- You must place the chicken slices into a bowl and toss with the sesame oil to coat.
- In a separate bowl, you need to stir together the cornstarch and vinegar, and set aside.
- After that, increase the heat under the broth to medium-high, return to a rolling boil and add the chicken slices.
- Bring back to a boil, and then drizzle in the egg while stirring slowly to create long strands of eggs and stir in the vinegar and cornstarch.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and the broth has thickened slightly (about 3 mins).
- Serve garnished with green onions and cilantro.