The nutrients that you can find in 100 g of cloves include 65 g of carbohydrate, 6 g of protein, 13 g of total lipids, 2 g of sugars, 274 kcal of energy and 33 g of dietary fiber. The minerals found in cloves include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, and zinc. The vitamins that you can have in cloves include vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin B6, B12, A, E, D, and K.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lb. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. Basil Leaves, Torn
- 8 oz. Cooked spaghetti
- Finely grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until beginning to soften. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium heat to let the tomatoes start to break down.
- When the mixture reaches a simmer, reduce heat slightly and and stir in butter. Season again with salt and pepper and let simmer for about 15 minutes more, to allow the flavors to develop. Taste and season as necessary. Serve over cooked pasta and top with basil and Parmesan, if desired.